Privacy Statement Gert Snel
Through our website we process privacy-sensitive data, also called personal data. We believe it is very important that personal data are handled with care. When processing personal data, we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. This means, among other things, that:
- We clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- We limit our collection of personal data to personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- We will first ask your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- We do not pass on your data to third parties, unless this is necessary to be able to provide the requested service or if we are legally obliged to do so;
- When we share your data, we conclude agreements with third parties to ensure that your data is not used for any other purpose;
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require parties who process personal data on our behalf to do so;
- We respect your right to access, rectify or delete your personal data at your request
Use of personal data
When you register as a customer or use our website, you leave certain data behind. These data are stored by us and used to process your orders or to improve your shopping comfort. If you have registered with us as a customer, we have saved the following data about you:
- Contact name
- Company name
- Postal code
- Place of residence
- Phone number
- Email address
- Chamber of Commerce number
- VAT number
- Type of company/store
- Login data (encrypted)
- Payment details
- Technical measurement data of the equipment you are using. However, these data are anonymised, so they are not connected to your personal data.
- Information about the way in which you use our website. However, these data are anonymised, so they are not connected to your personal data.
We use these data for the following purposes
- To register you as a customer
- To consult with you, to make agreements and to invoice.
- To be able to process your order via the website
- To be able to process a complaint or return shipment
- We are legally obliged to pass on your data to other organisations. For example, we must keep your transactions, including your personal data, for monitoring purposes.
- To provide you with a personalised newsletter (only if you have given your consent)
- To improve our website for an optimal user experience
Disclosure to third parties
We pass on your personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the provision of the services you have requested. For example, we use third parties for transport. We also use a third party, Ingenico, to process the payment in the webshop. However, if we share your data with third parties, we will ensure that your data are used only for the purposes for which they are intended. Gert Snel may also be required to provide personal data on the basis of legislation or regulations, on the basis of a ruling by a competent court, or in the event of fraud or abuse. If that is the case, we will cooperate.
How long do we store your data?
Your personal data will not be stored longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or than permitted by law. How long your data are stored depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which they were processed.
Use of closed part of the website
As a Gert Snel customer you can get a username and password to log in to the customer portal. As a user, you are responsible for handling the user name and password with care. We assume that a person who logs in with a user name and password is authorised to use them. If you suspect that the password is known to unauthorised persons, you should inform Gert Snel so that measures can be taken.
We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- We use the so-called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security system on our website. When filling in and sending your personal data, your data is protected from third parties. All payment methods offered by us are extensively protected by the above standard. The symbol of a key or closed lock in the status bar of your browser indicates that your data is being sent in encrypted form.
- Access to personal data is protected by user name and password.
Websites of third parties
This statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Therefore, before using the relevant website, always read the privacy statement of that website for more information about how they handle your data.
We use certain cookies on this website. For more information about cookies, please see our Cookie Statement.
Modifications of this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement. We recommend consulting this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Access, rectification, modifying and deleting your data
If you have an account at Gert Snel, you can log in to view and change your data. You can also contact Gert Snel:
By telephone: +31 (0) 348 41 9070
Laan van Overvliet 13
3461 HE Linschoten
Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit persoonsgegevens)
We will be happy to help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your data. Should you not be able to reach an agreement with us, you also have the right, pursuant to privacy legislation, to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority for this purpose.
This privacy statement was last amended on 01-07-2018.